Welcome to the Collicutt Siding Golf Club
We are able to open the driving range on Friday, May 15th. There will be lots of social distancing expected, golfers are limited to 1 large basket or 1/2 half hour per day (whichever is quicker). Every other stall must be closed. Only 4 golfers allowed at a time on the practice or chipping greens.
The golf shop will direct golfers to a pail of sanitizer that the baskets will be soaking in (so you will get your hands wet). Golfers will then use the basket to scoop balls out of the bin. After they have finished with their basket they must put it into the bucket of sanitizer that is on the range.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic we know we are going to experience some adjustment issues. Please be patient with us, we are getting information from hundreds of different sources and adapting to our club.
For Stage 1 (May 15th to ? this is what we are expecting)
- The clubhouse will be open(including the golf shop and dining room) with strict social distancing measures in place.
- We will be a “Cash Free” business, Our machines have Tap capabilities as a preference but if you have to insert your card and enter your pin we will sanitize after every use.
- We will be offering food and beverage through the window for take out and from the tables with table service. Guests are not able to walk up to the bar to order.
- We will have the washrooms in the clubhouse open (limited capacity) as well as on the golf course. There will be sanitizer available for guests to use pre and post visit as well as hand sanitizing stations.
- Bring your own water (some will be available for sale), scorecard and pencils.
- We will have a golf course team member (Ambassador/ Starter / Controller) stationed between the barn and the chipping green that all golfers must check in with.
- Everyone is expected to check in with him / her 15 minutes prior to their tee time. As of the 15th you will be able to come for your tee time 30 minutes prior to your tee time.
- This person will be assigning you power carts (if you must ride)
- The guidelines we must go by are only one person per cart unless you reside in the same residence. (We are hoping to get to “Or if you ride in the vehicle to the golf course together” as well. Likely by Stage 1). So as you can only imagine we may not have power carts available. We are going to try our best to accommodate. I did have one member ask me today “If they purchase an annual power cart pass does that guarantee them a cart?” the answer, simply, is “No”. I did have a chuckle with him and said the only way would be $7,500.00 (the cost of a new cart). He laughed but understood.
- Only the group that is teeing off is allowed on or near the first tee. Everyone must obey proper social distancing measures at all times.
- The group that is on deck (next on the tee) may use the practice putting green (so a maximum of 4 people will be on that green at any given time) and / or the driving range but must obey social distancing rules.
- The group that is “In the Hole” will be allowed to check in with the golf shop attendants (the ambassador will inform you where that will be).
- The power carts will be washed and sanitized prior to any guest sitting on them, our Outside Services team will be sanitizing as the last step and no one will touch them until the golfer does. All carts will have keys in them (to reduce touch points) but you must take the cart that you are assigned, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- When you are on the course, you will notice;
- There are no ball washers
- The benches are off limits
- There are no rakes in the bunkers
- Please smooth out footprints and divots with your foot or wedge
- If you land in a footprint of crevice, move your ball, no penalty. Last I heard no one is playing for a million dollars.
- Leave the flagstick in at all times, DO NOT TOUCH IT!
- You will notice that the ball only drops approximately 1/2″, so carefully pull your ball out of the hole with 2 fingers, not touching the flagstick or edge of the cup.
- Once you start putting, continue putting until you are finished, then clear the way for the others in your group.
- Call ahead to the dining room for food orders (403)946-2343 (#8) on the 7th or 16th tee box so that it is ready when you go by. Please support our food and beverage! Do not pack your own alcohol, that is still against the law and we can expect all kinds of inspectors and law enforcement checking in on us.
- After you have finished your round, do not shake hands, then stop by the dining room or deck for some safe socializing.
- Return power carts to the West end of the tent (where they will be washed). You must remove all your garbage and recycling. There will be bins in a few locations. If you do not remove it you will be called to come back and remove it.
- All bookings must be made over the phone or in person with the golf shop attendant. We are not allowed to have “Walk In” golfers. Call Ahead!
Please come on out, embrace the changes and ENJOY! We know we are going to be busy as we have extended the time between tee times and let’s face it, everyone wants to golf Collicutt Siding Golf Club! Everyone must make sure that the amount of golfers they book for show up otherwise actions will be taken (including losing booking privileges and / or charged a No show fee). It is the responsibility of the person booking to communicate with the golf shop.
We are your home for prairie golf
The golf course is open so come on out. Our golf shop will be open and available for bookings from 7:30 am until close. We will be implementing procedures to allow utmost safety for our team and our guests in the meantime. Contact Lyndon at firstname.lastname@example.org is you have any questions.
The Collicutt Siding Golf Club is located approximately 20 minutes north of Calgary in the Town of Crossfield. The Collicutt Siding Golf Club offers golfers of all ages and abilities an enjoyable and affordable golfing experience in a relaxed atmosphere. With two very different nine hole layouts, you will find a straightforward front nine followed by a challenging links style back nine. With four different tee box choices on every hole, players can feel comfortable no matter what their skill level may be.
Construction of the front nine started in 1994, mainly with donated labor, equipment and materials supplied from the community and surrounding area. The front nine was opened for play in 1995 with many renovations leading up to the start of construction of The back nine which opened in the spring of 2003.