Welcome to the Collicutt Siding Golf Club
We are busy preparing for the 2021 golf season. If all indications are correct we are in for a great season!
Restrictions for sharing carts and/or wearing masks while sharing a cart, as per Alberta Health Services, have been lifted. It remains our recommendation that while sharing a cart, the person who begins as the driver, remains the driver throughout the round. Also, while no longer required, it is recommended that carts be shared amongst residents of the same household, cohorts or social contacts, otherwise it is encouraged that masks be worn. Each foursome at Collicutt Siding Golf Club will be allocated 2 carts. If a guest is not comfortable sharing a cart due to health reasons, please inquire in the golf shop with one of our team members to see if an additional cart is available for your use. We are happy to provide you with additional carts in your group if they are available. We can no longer offer more than 2 carts per group for convenience sake”
We are still unsure of what restrictions we will have going into the 2021 season. We will post them here once we know. Below you will see what we dealt with in 2020.
Yes there are lots of ever changing COVD19 rules that we must follow but we are able to golf, so come on out, have an open mind and enjoy!
Due to the COVID19 pandemic we know we are going to experience some adjustment issues. Please be patient with us, we are getting information from hundreds of different sources and adapting to our club.
- The clubhouse will be open(including the golf shop and dining room) with strict social distancing measures in place.
- We prefer to be a “Cash Free” business, Our machines have Tap capabilities as a preference but if you have to insert your card and enter your pin we will sanitize after every use.
- We will be offering food and beverage through the window for take out and from the tables with table service. Guests are not able to walk up to the bar to order.
- We will have the washrooms in the clubhouse open (limited capacity) as well as on the golf course. There will be sanitizer available for guests to use pre and post visit as well as hand sanitizing stations.
- Bring your own water (some will be available for sale), scorecard and pencils.
- Everyone is expected to check in with the golf shop 15 – 30 minutes prior to their tee time.
- The golf shop will be assigning you power carts (if you must ride)
- Only the group that is teeing off is allowed on or near the first tee. Everyone must obey proper social distancing measures at all times.
- The power carts will be washed and sanitized prior to any guest sitting on them, our Outside Services team will be sanitizing as the last step and no one will touch them until the golfer does. All carts will have keys in them (to reduce touch points) but you must take the cart that you are assigned, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- When you are on the course, you will notice;
- There are no ball washers
- There are no rakes in the bunkers
- Please smooth out footprints and divots with your foot or wedge
- If you land in a footprint of crevice, move your ball, no penalty. Last I heard no one is playing for a million dollars.
- Leave the flagstick in at all times, DO NOT TOUCH IT!
- You will notice that the ball only drops approximately 1/2″, so carefully pull your ball out of the hole with 2 fingers, not touching the flagstick or edge of the cup.
- Once you start putting, continue putting until you are finished, then clear the way for the others in your group.
- Call ahead to the dining room for food orders (403)946-2343 (#8) on the 7th or 16th tee box so that it is ready when you go by. Please support our food and beverage! Do not pack your own alcohol, that is still against the law and we can expect all kinds of inspectors and law enforcement checking in on us.
- After you have finished your round, do not shake hands, but you may stop by the dining room or deck for some safe socializing.
- Return power carts to the West end of the tent (where they will be washed). You must remove all your garbage and recycling. There will be bins in a few locations. If you do not remove it you will be called to come back and remove it.
- All bookings must be made over the phone or in person with the golf shop attendant. We are not allowed to have “Walk In” golfers. Call Ahead!
Please come on out, embrace the changes and ENJOY! We know we are going to be busy as we have extended the time between tee times and let’s face it, everyone wants to golf Collicutt Siding Golf Club! Everyone must make sure that the amount of golfers they book for show up otherwise actions will be taken (including losing booking privileges and / or charged a No show fee). It is the responsibility of the person booking to communicate with the golf shop.
We are your home for prairie golf
The golf course is open so come on out. Our golf shop will be open and available for bookings from 7:30 am until close. We will be implementing procedures to allow utmost safety for our team and our guests in the meantime. Contact Lyndon at firstname.lastname@example.org is you have any questions.
The Collicutt Siding Golf Club is located approximately 20 minutes north of Calgary in the Town of Crossfield. The Collicutt Siding Golf Club offers golfers of all ages and abilities an enjoyable and affordable golfing experience in a relaxed atmosphere. With two very different nine hole layouts, you will find a straightforward front nine followed by a challenging links style back nine. With four different tee box choices on every hole, players can feel comfortable no matter what their skill level may be.
Construction of the front nine started in 1994, mainly with donated labor, equipment and materials supplied from the community and surrounding area. The front nine was opened for play in 1995 with many renovations leading up to the start of construction of The back nine which opened in the spring of 2003.
New for 2021 – Optimist L’il Loop (3 holes just for children)
Construction is complete, now we wait for the grass to fill in. We expect to be open this summer for sure, it is just a matter of when. Watch here for updates!